The 2014 International Builders Show’s (IBS) theme was Expect More, and that’s precisely what attendees got. Throughout the three-day Show, building industry professionals eagerly stretched their days so they could get more out of their Show experience.
This was the first time that IBS and the Kitchen & Bath Industry Show (KBIS) – two extraordinary events – were co-located in Las Vegas. With over a combined 1,700 exhibitors covering more than 650,000 square feet of floor space, Design & Construction Week delivered an amazing experience for over 75,000 attendees from across the globe.
Here are just a few of the highlights from the first annual Design & Construction Week 2014:
- General Stan McChrystal, a four-star general and the former commander of the U.S. and international forces in Afghanistan, headlined the Opening Ceremonies with a moving keynote address on Tuesday morning.
- It was standing room only as hundreds of attendees and exhibitors networked during the Official IBS House Party at the Hard Rock Café on the Vegas Strip.
- Thousands of building professionals attended more than 100 education sessions that were available on topics that included 50+ housing, sales and marketing and high-performance building – to name a few.
- The New American Home 2014 – NAHB’s show home – welcomed thousands of visitors to see first-hand its cutting-edge efficiency, technology and sustainability, all set in a contemporary style home with stunning desert view.
- Closing out the Show, four-time Grammy winner Pat Benatar gave a fantastically rockin’ performance during Thursday evening’s IBS Spike Concert.
IBS 2014 was nothing short of extraordinary! Mark these dates on your calendar now – January 20-22, 2015 – when the 2nd Annual Design & Construction Week & the NAHB International Builders’ Show returns to Las Vegas. You won’t want to miss it!