Community amenities are increasingly important to home buyers. The reasons are diverse, but often center on the desire to have their community reflect lifestyle — real or imagined. From urban infill to single-family detached, buyer preferences are redefining the types of open spaces, parks, recreation areas and community gathering areas home builders are now integrating into their developments to capture these buyers. Learn about today’s most sought after community amenities to spark ideas for your next community.
- Investigate how market segments, buyer preference surveys and demographics can suggest which community amenities to offer.
- Analyze the community feature needs of different housing types, and understand how these needs transform into amenities.
- Estimate the right balance of community amenities in order to sell homes and maintain reasonable home owner association fees.
- Observe recent projects using community-based amenities to increase absorption.
- Tony Green, Managing Partner, The Pinehills, LLC
- J. Carson Looney, Founder, Looney Ricks Kiss
Sponsored by the NAHB Land Development Committee